Wednesday, October 19, 2011

THE INTERVIEW


Here I sit on a rainy morning, the last thing on my mind was writing but the notion just hit me.  Have you ever been interviewed?  Have you ever interviewed anyone?  Or have you ever been in a debate where a score was kept?  I watched the debate on T.V. last night.  I would have loved to been able to asked a few questions.  The only problem with asking politicians questions is they hardly ever answer what is asked.  Did you notice last night Rick Perry when he told the moderator "It's your job to ask the questions and my job to answer the ones I want to."  At least he was honest in his response.   I had a dream one night that I was a White House reporter at a Presidential news conference.   As I stood to ask my question, I glanced at my note pad at some of the answers the President had given to questions of other and I respectfully asked......"Are you Mr. President, smarter than a fifth grader?"  As luck would have it I awoke before he answered so I never heard his answer,  but I'm pretty sure it didn't pertain to my question.

I like politics but sometimes politics makes me tired.  Maybe I just don't understand.  Why do we pay the president?  If he ran for the payday he's one of the dumbest people in the world.  If he was running the corner store would he sell his gasoline for a dime a gallon after paying $2.75 a gallon for it?  Of course if he did this he would sell out faster and could hop on Air Force One and go play a round of golf more often.  Does the president still have a bowling alley in the basement of the White House? Have they change the name of the basement to the Prez Cave in order to keep up with the times?
I wonder what brand of toilet paper they use in the White House?  Does  the President ever walk around the white house in his underwear?  Does He ever cut his own toe nails?  And how about when the First Family is sitting around watching American Idol and they want a snack,  do they use paper plates?  What brand?  I think I have a right to know.  After all,  it's my money they're spending.

Have you ever thought of interviewing yourself?  Would you ask you the hard questions?  And if you did,  would you answer honestly if you knew the whole world would hear the answer?  Would you be willing to open your life entirely up,  show every blemish,  every pimple to the people you really want to love and respect you?  That would be hard.

Of course there is a record,  an honest record of your every deed and your every thought.  It's out there for the only One that matters to see.  But the truth is He will never see my Record.  I won't have to be interviewed by the only One that really matters.  Jesus answered those questions for me.

Love you all!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment