Thursday, November 14, 2013

YOU MAY BE RIGHT....I MAY BE CRAZY......

"You may be right....I may be crazy....But it just may be a lunatic you're lookin for".......Once again comes the morning and once again I find myself up early, searching the web and reading facebook and once again I find that this feeble mind of mine starts to move. Yes, it is official, this mind still moves but sometimes I think that I, along with many others, have become the subject of the line above made famous in a song by Billy Joel. "We may all be crazy."

This morning I was reading a link that my beautiful niece, Briana Caldwell, and before you ask, I'm not crazy about this, she is beautiful,  posted to her facebook page.  This article was about the Braves moving to Cobb County. Well, I for one don't care where the Braves move or if they move or not. Oh sure, I like the Braves, and I watch them on TV all the time unless I have something more important to do like put highlights in my hair or go outside, sit in a chase lounge, and watch the chickens look for bugs to eat. Have you ever wondered how many bugs a chicken eats in a day or if the kind of bugs they eat has anything to do with how the egg taste?   Oh well, back to the Braves. In the article it said the Braves were going to move and build this new stadium because that the old antiquated stadium they play in now, "The Ted," needs updating.   UPDATING I SAY?   The Ted is 16 years old for God's sake !!!!!!!! I have underware 16 years old.....I guess this means I need to go through my sock drawer and look for holes and do some purging. Then I thought to myself, "Be patient Wes.   Hear them out....They may have a point," so I read on. The Brave officials noted that if they stayed at the "TED" they would have to change the lights and replace the seats...... WHAT ??????????? CHANGE THE LIGHTS AND REPLACE THE SEATS? Half the time no one even sits in those seats and they only have the lights on about 3 or 4 hours at a time, 81 nights a year and it seems to me for what a hotdog and a coke cost, they could afford some new light bulbs.

By their reasoning I should have moved out of the old house years ago. I can just hear me explaining my move now. "Well yeah, we decided it was time to move, the hall and pantry light bulb needed changing and  the couch was dirty so we felt it was time to move on. Did we sell the old house you ask? Oh nooooo...It was 16 years old and had outlived it's usefulness so we just bulldozed it.  Where are we moving you ask?  We bought a new house one county over.  How much did we pay for the new digs you want to know?  Oh it was much more than we could afford but the neighbors are going to foot a very large part of the bill.  One of the neighbors said they would just forgo patching  that big hole in their driveway,  and  another said that their septic tank lines could wait another few years as the smell was only bad if the wind was blowing toward their house and the folks across the street were real nice.  They offered  dip into their kids college fund to help us out so we only had to pay about 10% of the cost.

We have become a throw away people. First there were throw away lighters, then throw away razors and throw away bottles. I can remember saving mayonaise jars for Mom and even Peggy to can vegetables in but now mayonaise comes in plastic jars so we just throw them away too. We have throw away paint brushes and if you think about it some people pretty much have throw away wifes and husbands and kids.   Of course to make us feel better we have changed the name from "throw away to disposable."   Even our money that we earn on our jobs we have separated into groups.  We have money we pay bills with and money we buy grocerys with and then we have "Disposable Income" which I assume is money we just throw away...............


And so now, the trend continues. We now have throw away stadiums. And who pays for these stadiums? Do the owners of these teams buy a piece of land with their own money and build the stadium with their own money and then put a good product on the field so the cutomers will pay for their great product or service?   Of course not....the owners go to the local government and say  "Build me a new house.  You know what I want.  A mansion of a house that I can throw away in fifteen or twenty years.  After all,  we all now that by then I will need a new stadium and  we also know that the government has an unlimited supply of  "Disposable Money."

I'm sure I could write another paragraph or two and incorperate Obamacare into the mix but I guess it's time to end this rant.  You see,,,,  today is thursday which is trash day.  I must roll the garbage can down to the street so the trashman can carry away the perfectly good trash bags that I  payed good money for.  So I will just say to you that you have been given this day.  It is not recyclable and can only be used once so make it count.  Some things we don't get a second chance at and some things just aren't disposable.


Have  a good one !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You may be right ...... I may be crazy....But it may just be a lunatic you're lookin for.......................................................

 

1 comment:

  1. A very good post. I don't care about where the Braves move, etc. Now if the Cardinals wanted to move from St. Louis I would be screeching at the top of my lungs. LOL

    ReplyDelete