Friday, January 21, 2011

THE GLUE THAT HOLDS US TOGETHER!!!!!!

When I was thinking about getting married, even though I had walked away from a close relationship with God at that time as many of us are prone to do at about that age,  I still prayed that  "He would deliver to me  a woman that would make a good mother to my children."  He, as always, went a step beyond and instead delivered a "mama" to my children.  The family,  just like most Churches are headed by the men but are successful because of the women.  Us men know who to give the really hard and important jobs to if we want them done right, so don't think we aren't smart.  God  gave to me "Peggy Gail  Turner.  A few years back Peggy and I both took and later taught  a bible class called "Master Life".   One of the first question you're asked in the class is  "what is your name and are you happy with it?"  Of all the answers I've heard to this question Peggy's has always been the best.  Her answer was that her grand mother wanted her to be named after her (first name) and her other grand mother (middle name).  If this had happened, Peggy would have been named Effie Hessie.  Bless her heart.   And because of our marrage, bless her heart again.  She probably had no idea what was in store for her.  How we hooked up I have no idea.  Here was this tiny (93 pound), quiet (at the time she hardly said a word although that has changed) , pretty ( changed here too, she has now become beautiful) young girl.  I emphasize young because at the time my brother-in-law, Julian, thought I was getting married to a 13 or 14 year old girl..She was of legal age but when we would go to a movie or the fair they would try to sell me a child's ticket for her.  She had always obeyed her parents,  had never smoked a cigarette (or anything else) or had wine touch here lips.  On the other hand without getting into specifics, let's just say I was the opposite.   Getting on with the story,  I know  God put us together because of some of the times we've been through and the very different people we are.  Without God we would have never made it this far.  I told you in the previous blog that  I was going to write about my kids and grand kids in the next few blogs and that is what I will do.  But in order to understand why I have the best children in the world ( who by the way are the parents to the best grand children in the world)  you first must understand how they became so great and you must understand why our family is so close.  The reason is the woman, the lady, the wife, and yes the  "mama" that has loved us and held us together. 

We have three Children.  Two daughters, Cindy and Vicki, born less than a year apart and a son named Josh that came along 12 years later.  People have often asked if Josh was an accident coming along 12 years later.  I immediately tell them no no no.  No children are accidents.  they are all gifts of God, entrusted to us so we will always have sunshine and laughter in our homes.  Tomorrow I will tell you about the tooth fairy,  driving the tractor and planting snowball.  But you will have to come back to read these stories.  ( I think you call that a tease).  Right  now it's 9:30 and I must go build a birdhouse.  May God be with you and bless your day.  Love ya!!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Okay, when I think they cannot get any better than the day before, then they are. I just love this one because I remember when you all got married and still have a video. She does look like a child and you look not much older. I agree she has been a wonderful wife, mama, granny and daughter-in-Law, and sister-in-law. I am thankful we have her in our family. We have had so many fun times together and hope we have many more.
    I just hope you are around to write my obit. It is 9:47 and I need to go to bed! :)
    Love you!
    Dicy with a "Y"

    ReplyDelete
  2. keep this up i enjoy

    ReplyDelete