Monday, January 17, 2011

Regrets? I've had a few

Do I have regrets?   You bet I do.  I could probably write and list them for the next week or two but will just talk about a few.  I've already mentioned Leon in a previous post and I'm sure I will write about him again but today I regret not staying in touch with him.  Oh I've tried to find him but no luck so far......maybe one day.  I regret not going back and thanking the teachers I had.  I hope they know or knew how much pleasure I have received from the things they taught me.  Can you imagine not being able to read a book to your child or grand child?  I regret judging others...I don't do this as much as I use to but it is so easy to judge someone when we really have no idea what that person is going through or what they went through to get to where they are.  So often we condemn someones lifestyle only because we don't understand it.  Most of us can quote John 3: 16 from memory and this verse is so important because it tells us how to receive salvation, but do you know the next verse by heart?  John 3: 17.  Look it up...It tells us Christ came to save the world, not to condemn it.  If Christ didn't come to condemn,  what makes me think I have the right to condemn?   As a young man I had my best friend come by to see me three times one day.  He came by my store every morning for a cup of coffee but never three times.  It was a very busy day so I didn't take the time to call and see if he needed anything.  I thought, I'll talk to him tomorrow.  Tomorrow never came for him.  He took his life that night.  Could I have helped him?  Probably not but I'll never know.   I regret not calling him.  I  know at times I have not set the best example for my children and grand kids and I regret that.  I have aunts and uncles that have gone to be with the Lord and I regret not making more of an effort to visit  and tell them I loved them.   I regret not telling mom and dad how much I appreciate all they did for me when I was growing up.  I know  I really gave them trouble at times but they were always there for me.  I learned the meaning of unconditional love from them.   I regret so many times taking living in this great country for granted.  I certainly don't agree with the politics of President Obama,  but I am extremely glad I live in a country where a black man can be elected president.  Call me crazy but it shows we have made progress in my lifetime and for this, I'm proud.  I regret not telling God I love Him more often, for not thanking Him more for sending His Son to erase my sins and make me worthy because I sure couldn't become worthy on my own.  I have more I could write about but I think my time right now might be better spent having a little talk with Jesus.  Hmmmmm ,,,sounds like a good name for a song.
And to whoever reads this....Know "I love you!!!!!!!"

1 comment:

  1. I Love you too, Thanks for these encouraging words to become more like Him. I think I will be singing that song most of the day now "Let me have a little talk with Jesus" :)

    ReplyDelete